RIIMPO325D Conduct civil construction scraper operations
This course specifies the knowledge and skills required to competently perform scraper operations.
This course is intended for any person who is required to undertake scraper operations as part of their duties or any person working in mobile plant operator roles at work sites within Civil Construction.
- Know and understand relevant workplace health and safety legislation, standards and codes of practice
- Apply site and equipment safety requirements including safe operating in all terrains
- Interpret drawings and sketches using civil construction terminology
- Understand basic principles of soil and the activity sequences of road construction, earthworks and drainage techniques
- Calculate basic earthworks and safe working loads calculations
- Operate, maintain and understand scraper types, tasks and procedures including basic diagnostics, methods of changing machine attachments, lifting techniques, levelling techniques and shutdown/ clean up procedures appropriate for the task
- Follow legislative, organisational and site requirements/procedures including traffic management control and environmental requirements
- Understand and apply JSAs/Safe work method statements, hazard identification and responses and understand the safety data sheet and material handling methods
Delivery duration will vary, depending on each participants level of experience. Onsite delivery available.
Enquire below for more details about this learning method.
- Participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment and Competency Card upon successful completion of the unit of competency.
- Planning and preparing
- Conduct machine pre-operational checks
- Operate the machine
- Carrying out machine operator maintenance
- Couple machines
- Relocating the machine
- Carry out machine operator maintenance
- Conduct housekeeping activities